Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Death Note - L : Change the World


My sister and I just finished watching the latest Death Note movie, L : Change the World. It stars Matsuyama Kenichi as L and Shunji Fujimura as Watari. There are also new characters that are introduced (but my sister's sleeping and I was told to turn off the lights so I'm on the bedroom floor typing this out and I don't want to take too long). The story basically veers from The Last Name to L's last 23 days on Earth between the time that Yagami Raito dies to the scene when he dies at the end of the movie and the last case he helps solve involving an environmental organisation using biological weapons as their means to get what they want. It's a really good movie with a nice plot. All the roles were played very well, and though the movie had a good amount of serious scenes, there were the light-hearted ones as well. In short, it was a tribute to L Lawliet and it lived up to it.

NOTE: There are some bloody/morbid aspects to the movie - if you squint, you might even find some slightly comedic. :) Oh... and L is particularly adorable in this one. :D

I watched it via My Soju, but it's also hosted on Crunchy Roll - though I found it to be a bit quieter in volume, even with my volume as high as it could go. I also plan of obtaining a copy of this movie before long. Perhaps I can find one in China that has a reasonable price.

Also, going with the Death Note theme, I know of a VERY good Jung-type personality test that tells you which Death Note character you are most similar to along the way. I had taken the test a while ago and I had gotten the result of having an INTP personality - and L. I was very pleased. Even so, I was skeptical on if I really had an INTP personality and with much research (and surprise), I fit it up to a T. I recommend this quiz, even if all others had failed you.


L Lawliet - Rest in Peace

No comments: