Sunday, August 03, 2008

My Boss, My Hero


My Boss, My Hero (マイ★ボス マイ★ヒーロー) is a drama centered on friendship. It's a cute story, but even though some yakuza aspects are in it, it's relatively PG (something I was a bit ticked about). Even so, it's one of my favorites. ^^ It stars Tegoshi Yuya of NEWS, Nagase Tomoya of TOKIO, and Tanaka Koki from KAT-TUN. The plot centers around a pretty dim man who is also the heir to a yakuza clan - but before he can take over as head, he has to finish High School. This is where hilarity ensues, because he's in his late twenties (although I have no idea why it wasn't obvious that he wasn't young, well it is a drama). As he goes into class, he makes a new friend and even finds a love interest. The ending seems to make it open for the possibility of a sequel, but there's none out. Either way, Tesshi wouldn't be in it.

I love the theme song (Sorafune) and it's sung by TOKIO. :) Oh. And you'll get the need to eat "pudding" while watching it (it looks more like flan to me though) so get some handy.


It's ten episodes long, and the only drama that I've watched through a boxed DVD set. :) My sister borrowed it from a friend.

3 comments:

Ivy said...

Love this drama. Is almost done, have only 3 episodes left. ^^
And the song! best ever.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Sirhin said...

haha... thanks. :) Honestly, I first started it just to keep track of dramas and movies I've watched for myself, but once some comments started to trickle in, I took that into account.