Thursday, March 05, 2009

100 Days With Mr. Arrogant



100 Days With Mr. Arrogant (내 사랑 싸가지) is a Korean romantic comedy movie. I actually watched it while trying to calm myself until the next episode of Boys Over Flowers comes out (this is why I usually DON'T watch dramas unless they're complete because it drives me nuts with all the waiting). It stars Ha Ji Won and Kim Jae Won. The summary is as follows:

Ha Young (Ha Ji Won) was dumped by his boyfriend the day before their 100 day anniversary. Out of frustration she kicked a can that accidentally hit the face of a college hot guy Hyung-Joon(Kim Jae Won). The can hit his face and his Lexus car so he demanded her to pay $3000 for the damage. Ha Young escaped but not completely since she left her wallet.

Hyung-Joon then used the information on her wallet to stalk her and demand the payment for the spot on his car. Ha Young is a poor high school student so she unwillingly entered an "Enslavement Agreement" as a way to pay for the car's damages. She will be his slave for 100 days, duties includes cleaning his house, running his errands, doing his homework and cleaning his car. Are they ready for the consequence of this agreement?

In short, the movie's plot is similar to those dramas where a girl and a guy meet, they hate each other, and then they eventually fall in love. It's pretty sweet, though since it's a movie, it's pretty fast paced. The times when they finally develop feelings for each other isn't very clear but it's there. Then again, I was also pausing the movie every once in a while, talking to some friends online. O_o I wish the video quality was better, but hey, it's streaming. What more do you want? haha... Anyway, it was pretty cute and would be better if my roommate wasn't blasting the TV and the volume could be louder (I made it go as high as it could and sometimes I needed to lean forward to hear). At some points, I felt it lacked deep emotion but overall, it wasn't bad. The end was sweet, when it's revealed what the guy did for her. :) Of course, it also frustrates me that she was left to suffer until the very end...


You can watch it here.

No comments: