Wednesday, October 14, 2009

MW Chapter 0 - Akuma no Game


MW Chapter 0 - Akuma no Game (MW第0章 - 悪魔のゲーム) is the 2009 tanpatsu prequel to a movie, MW (2009). It stars Sato Takeru, Tanimura Mitsuki, Koide Keisuke, and Tamaki Hiroshi. The summary is as follows:

The drama is is set several months before the actual story in Tezuka's manga. The main character is a man named Takashi Morioka, who has lost his job and his home due to a recession. He ends up falling into a trap set by the diabolical Yuki Michio, and in order to protect the things important to him, he is forced to stain his hands in evil.

I admit a reason why I decided to watch this is, well, 'cause Sato Takeru's cute. ...Another reason is because I wanted to know what evil he's "forced to stain his hands in" - and I really wanted a break before I study for my midterm tomorrow. It started off at the beginning and with everything he went though - loss of a job and eviction - it made me forget he's younger than me (by only a year!). Anyway... his acting in this drama was pretty good - it made me think of a young man who was out in the world and really had all these bad things happen to him all at once, until I wiki'ed him and was reminded just how young he was (in order words, he's younger than me).

I liked it quite a bit. It's different than most other dramas/movies where good triumphs over evil. Then again, this is the prequel and since I haven't watched the movie, I can't really say anything and things have to get bad before they can get better. It touches upon what someone would do in order to survive and protect his way of life; the line of kill or be killed, though perhaps a little less extreme. The format of the film switches from "before everything became worse" to "worse" so the readjusting of your mind may be necessary, but it isn't hard to understand at all and in the end, everything comes together.

I just really want to know what effect his sacrifice had on everyone and because of that, I'm going to find the movie online. :)

You can watch it here. You can download it here.

No comments: