Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Secret


I just finished watching Secret (aka 不能說的秘密/The Secret that Cannot Be Told) starring Jay Chou, Gui Lun Mei, Anthony Wong, and Alice Tzeng. I actually decided to do so because it was mentioned in passing how Jay Chou's piano skills were nicely shown in it, so I was curious. It's basically a story of love surpassing even time. :) The synopsis:

Ye Xianglun transfers to Tamkang (Danjiang) Secondary School, a school famous for its students' performance in playing piano. On the first day of school, while wandering through the piano building, a mysterious piano solo draws his attention played by a fellow female student, Lu Xiaoyu. As he seeks to know more about the melody she has played earlier, she tells him that it is a secret that cannot be told.

It's really sweet and I really liked it. It made me want to pick up the piano again. :) Even though it'll be a long time until I get that good. One of my most favorite scenes was at the piano dueling part. Jay's hands were literally a blur! Anywho... there's a nice twist in the middle and though the ending was pretty much a happy one, it's still somewhat sad for a certain someone. Either way, Jay's way of describing his movie as a ' "simple but very beautiful" love story' pretty much hit it on the dot. :)

I watched it on CrunchyRoll. The trailer can be found here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree!

This movie was awesome.

Anonymous said...

-.- I bought the CD on a whim since I like piano and stuff. But... it wasn't great. It was like okay. Not the okay leaning on the good side, the okay leaning on the bad side. Just didn't seem to hold a lot of emotion? Or something like that.

Anonymous said...

i really want to see ur movie but my sister did she said that it was really good and i think i saw all of your movies!!!!!!!!!!!