Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Take Care of the Young Lady


Take Care of the Young Lady (아가씨를 부탁해/Agassireul Pputakae) is a 2009 Korean romantic comedy drama. It stars Yoon Eun Hye, Yoon Sang Hyun, Jung Il Woo, and Moon Chae Won. The summary is as follows:

Of the high-rolling top 'hot celebrities' of the wealthy upper class in Korea's high society, Kang Hye Na is the one desired by the men, feared and hated by the women. Being the only successor to the largest conglomerate company, Kang San Group, Kang Hye Na has both the looks and the background. She is the owner of the ‘Lady Castle’ and lives a ‘princess-like’ life with her servants. Until one day, out of pure coincidence, she comes across Seo Dong Chan who turns her life upside down. Not only does he make her do community service, he even kidnapped her... and now he's the new household manager!!! Even after stepping on him, crushing him and biting him, he still doesn't run away. She may have finally met her match...

I originally decided to watch this because Yoon Eun Hye was in it and after watching her in Coffee Prince, she became one of my favorite Korean actresses and I felt like I should support her. Plus, I knew that her role in this drama was completely different. It also helped that the summary appeared to have some potential. :) Well, I have to admit that the first 3 or 4 episodes dragged a bit for me but I'm fairly sure it was because I was still stuck on the last drama. Another factor was the fact that it took some getting used to Eun Hye's character - she was rude, arrogant, and pretty much had the biggest attitude problem ever, although it changed throughout the series. I did like the feisty-ness of it, but compared to her old character as Go Eun Chan, it was opposite in most every way. Anyway, once I got into it, it turned out to be pretty good. The acting was good (as if it could be bad with Yoon Eun Hye in it) and the romance going on was a bit different in a sense but she did eventually end up with the main male character. There were the characteristic cute and sweet scenes that I never get tired of, no matter how many dramas I watch, and I loved how the two eventually got together (even though I was originally rooting for Guy Number 1).

All in all, I have to say this drama wasn't a waste of time and deserves to be seen and at only 16 episodes, it's not that long. You can watch it at MySoju (with bordering-on-mediocre subtitles) but as of today, episodes 1-5, 10, and 15-16 are all listed as "broken" so I downloaded those particular episodes.

No comments: