Sunday, August 03, 2008

Gokusen


Gokusen (ごくせん) is another school comedy that I watched. In fact, I think I watched it after I watched Good Teacher Onizuka. The two dramas actually have the main things in common: a teacher with a not-very-good background has great passion for teaching and ends up a class full of delinquints, all of whom end up being "cured" from their delinquency. The difference is that in Gokusen, the teacher is a female (who's actually rather perky) who's a fourth-generation yakuza member (even though she doesn't want to take over the family business) and she's not as extreme as Onizuka in her ways of teaching. I'm on the last episode of Gokusen 3, actually. :) The main character is played by Nakama Yukie and Namase Katsuhisa. In Gokusen I, some of the main "students" include Matsumoto Jun, Oguri Shun, and Waki Tomohiro. In Gokusen II, they include Kamenashi Kazuya and Akanashi Jin. In Gokusen III, there is the newer generation of Japanese idols including Takaki Yuya, Miura Haruma, and Nakama Junta. I believe it's needless for me to say that each season is somewhat predictable, but for some odd reason, I'm still going at it. haha... Though... the female teacher is a bit too much sometimes. >_<

Season 1 is thirteen episodes long while Seasons 2 and 3 are about eleven episodes long. I watched the first season on CrunchyRoll and the last two on MySoju. :D

No comments: