Sunday, August 03, 2008

Great Teacher Onizuka


Great Teacher Onizuka (グレート ティーチャー オニヅカ), otherwise abbreviated with the simple G.T.O., is another one of those school comedies. It stars Sorimachi Takashi, Matsushima Nanako, and Kubozuka Yosuke - and, of course, there as got to be one 'student' who's cute and, in this case, he's played by Oguri Shun. :D This particular drama is based on a teacher who used to be a member of a motorcycle gang and he uses incredibly unique ways to teach his kids - who, of course, are some of the "worst." I actually had to go through the first couple of episodes rather slowly because... well, I dunno, but I got hooked around the middle. There's also the added benefit of being 'taught' morals. I heard the manga was really good at that, but I haven't gotten to reading it quite yet. I also watched the movie version and I have to say I like the drama version more, mostly because the drama version is longer and more detailed and the movie is just that - a movie. I guess after watching the drama version of something, you get involved in every aspect, but with the movie, you tend to feel cheated out of it because it can only go through a certain amount of events.

It's twelve episodes long and I don't quite remember how I watched it, though I'm pretty sure it was via CrunchyRoll.

No comments: