Sunday, August 03, 2008

Beautiful Life


Beautiful Life (ビューティフルライフ) is another one of those romantic tragedies. :) I admit I have a thing for them and I heard a number of relatively good reviews for this so I decided to watch it, even though it was a bit old. It stars
Kimura Takuya, Tokiwa Takako, and Mizuno Miki. The summary is as follows:

Kyoko, a young woman with an unhindered spirit despite being physically bound to a wheelchair due to illness, and Shuji, a stylish and popular fashion magazine hairstylist, are brought together in a fateful traffic incident. Despite their confrontational meeting, they soon find themselves falling in love, with Shuji drawn to her courage and enthusiasm and Kyoko attracted to his ability to look beyond her physical limitations and into her heart. However, Kyoko's protective older brother and her worsening condition begin to test the bounds of their love for each other and threaten to end their beautiful life together.
It's pretty sweet and there were the good number of obstacles, but I didn't like it as much as other people did. O_o Something put me off. Either way, it is nice. I guess one thing that disturbed me was how the main female character's smile reminded me of my mom's. Odd, that. haha... It's not bad, though, and I don't regret watching it. It's 11 episodes long and I think I might have downloaded the bit torrent for this.

No comments: