Saturday, December 27, 2008

Smiling Pasta



So last night, I finally finished the Taiwanese drama Smiling Pasta, aka 微笑 Pasta (Wei Xiao Pasta) on the big screen because I decided to watch it from the DVDs I had gotten from China. Well, honestly, I had started it a long time ago (it was one of the first dramas I started watching) but then somehow, when I was only two episodes from the end, it stopped and I decided I needed to finish it. It's a romantic comedy starring Cyndi Wang, Nicholas Teo, Gino, and Joyce Zhao. Here's the summary, taken from DramaWiki:

Xiao Shi is a girl who has gone through many short relationships, 17 to be
exact, not one lasting more than 3 months hence, she was cursed with a
three-month curse. After being dumped by her 17th boyfriend, the world looks
grimmer than ever. At that time, a famous idol, He Qun runs past, bumps into
Xiao Shi, and they end up "kissing" on the street. Paparazzi swarmed by and to
avoid a bad reputation, He Qun’s manager declared Xiao Shi as He Qun’s
girlfriend of one year and fiancée. Thus, a love contract was made. This story
is about how the couple learns to like each other after having disagreements in
the beginning, as well as fighting the injustices the media throw at them. Will
Xiao Shi finally break her 3 month curse?

For those of you guys who have watched the Korean drama, Full House, it's said that this is the Taiwanese version (also according to DramaWiki), but as I haven't I can't say anything about it. However, I can say this this drama has it's cute and sweet parts along with the funny parts as well as the overexagerrated acting which just makes it, well, a drama. The main couple is as stubborn as you can get and is actually a nice match, with the guy being a celebrity and the girl being this pure, innocent girl. The stubbornness (as well as the pride) makes them go back to step one often enough which is rather frustrating (you'll get what I mean once you watch it) but the ending is really cute. I was in bed trying to be as quiet as I could with my sister trying to sleep next to me but it was really hard! :)

Anyway, I recommend it as it's pretty good and it'll occupy a good amount of your time as it's 17 episodes long but if you're in the mood for some romance and laughs, give it a go.

No comments: