Sunday, August 03, 2008

Taiyou no Uta


Taiyou no Uta (タイヨウのうた), translated to Song to the Sun, is a romantic tragedy of sorts. That should already tell you that someone evidently dies in the end. It stars Erika Sawajiri (the same actress who played the same terminally ill girl in 1 Litre of Tears most spectacularly) along with Yamada Takayuki and Sato Megumi. The girl Erika plays has a disease called XP which prevents her from going out in the daylight - it's like your modern day vampire - but her dream is to have her songs performed. ;) Anyway, I liked 1 Litre of Tears better, but this isn't bad at all. I also watched the movie, starring YUI, and though it was pretty good, it was short and you didn't really go in-depth.

It's ten episodes long and I honestly don't remember where I watched it but I bet it was CrunchyRoll.

No comments: