Friday, August 15, 2008

Harry Potter 6 Movie Moved


I admit that I was not one of
Harry Potter's first fans. In fact, I wasn't until the first movie came out. Even then, I still wasn't until I was on one of my regular trips to the local library and my mom decided to add a Harry Potter book to my stack, specifically Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, because she was curious what all the craze was about. So, the first Harry Potter book that I ever read was in actuality the third one - but it got me hooked. The next time I went to the library, I got all the other Harry Potter books that they had and I read them. The first Harry Potter book that I ever bought was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and it was because my grandmother saw me eyeing the book so she bought it for me. Therefore, in actuality, I myself still did not buy it. Shortly thereafter, I bought Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and for the last two installments, I had pre-ordered them. For Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, I actually went to a midnight party and everything. It was pretty fun and when I got home, I was tired - but I stayed up the rest of the night to finish it. :) For Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I just pre-ordered it and had it delivered to the house I was staying it, because I was in college and all that fun stuff.

With the
Harry Potter craze, I also greatly enjoyed the movies, especially since I finally got into it from the beginning (even though by that time, the first one was already out in DVD and VHS). I would watch it the opening day and make it a point to buy the DVD the day it was released. Life was good. I suppose the only thing that I didn't do was finish the seventh book - I know! I usually would have (and within a day, as well), but while waiting for the next book to come out, I would read fanfiction. I started to loathe Ginny Weasley. I don't know why I hate her so much. I mean, she's not bad... but something about her makes me want to avert my eyes or strangle her - something. Well, we all know how everyone tried to keep the contents of the seventh book a secret, so, of course, spoilers were leaked out and I found out that a certain red-headed girl was still alive - and not only that, she would be getting married to Harry and produce 3 kids. Once I found out, I could not bring myself to read it. The last book is still sitting in my room looking pretty and new. I only just started it, but am barely halfway through. It's just painful. Painfully annoying. In order to make up for it, I make sure that every fanfic that I read doesn't have her (or else she's killed). Too bad it doesn't happen all the time...

Needless to say, my mom created a monster and she regrets it to this day.


Anyway, we all knew how the sixth Harry Potter movie was to be released on November 2008, but because of the recent writers' strike, it was decided that the movie should be moved back to July 17, 2009 so they would reach a larger audience. The full article on it can be found
here. I frankly believe that to be untrue, but what would I know, huh? I'm just a Harry Potter fan. -_- Anyway, I just had to get it out. I actually knew about this yesterday, but I finally decided to blog about it. :D The only good thing about it being moved is that I'll be able to watch it since I'll be in China this Fall semester. Even so, I would have found a way to watch it anyway, you know.

No comments: