Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Wish List

My sister, dad, and I went out today and one of the places we went to was to a music store in Hong Kong City Mall. I wanted to go there because they sold DVDs and CDs of various Asian stars as well as boxed sets of Chinese, Taiwanese, and Korean dramas. (It's pretty nifty.) My sister and I ended up getting a DVD of Soler's Intuition Concert for $7 and the DVD for the Korean movie, 꽃미남 연쇄 테러 사건, or Attack of the Pin Up Boys (the Chinese title is 花美男恐怖袭击事件). While there, though, I realized that I wanted a lot of things - but they were just too expensive!! Here's a small list. :)

The DVD Boxed Set of the Taiwanese Hana-Kimi
(aka Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu)

I saw it at the store, but it was $70! I'm sorry, but no matter how much I love the series, I just don't have the money to spend that much on a single thing. I'll just have to wait, then. On YesAsia, it seems to be about $66, but considering the fact that it doesn't include shipping and handling, it'll amount to about the same. It's currently the only drama series that is permanently stored on my laptop, but I might need more room on my hard drive! It doesn't matter that I've seen this drama about five times already - it ROCKS!!


The DVD Boxed Set of Coffee Prince
(aka The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince/커피프린스 1호점)

I also encountered this masterpiece at the store as well. :) It's my first Korean drama so it holds a special spot in my heart. On the plus side, it was cheaper than Hana-Kimi. On the bottom side, it was only about ten dollars cheaper. I actually forgot the price, but I'm sure it's either $50 or $40 - not that it makes much of a difference, because I'm cheap. So, again, I have to look from afar. However, on YesAsia, it seems to be exponentially more expensive at $95.

I do, most likely, have more items I'd wish to purchase in the Asian Entertainment category, but those are the main ones that I found at the store. If I had to list EVERYTHING, it would take a REALLY long time, and dwelling on these things isn't very healthy. :)

Note: I'm currently watching My Lucky Star (放羊的星星) so I'll be blogging about it soon. :)

No comments: